Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

How do I open the top console on a kenmore washing macine?

How do I open the top console on a kenmore washing macine? I purchased in 2005 model XXXXXXXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

The model number on Kenmore or Sears products consist of 11 digits usually, the first 3 digits tell us who made it for them and the remainder is the model number, please send the model number in the following format: 123.45678901, this will allow Just Answer to display the number and not think it is a phone number and X it out like this XXXXXXXXXX,

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is a whirpool.
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

What is the model number of the unit, this should be found inside the door area of the unit.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
110.(NNN) NNN-NNNNthis is the number that I gave to appliance parts and they were able to find the part for me. Thank you
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

Item 11 and 14 in the diagram pop off, once they are removed you will see a Phillips head screw on each side, remove these 2 screws and the entire console will pop up for you.

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do I pull to the side or pull them forward. I have found a cpuple of videos on you tube showing this type of procedure what do you recomend. Thank you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have to run will check your answer later. Thank you,
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

If you asking on how to remove 11 and 14, i grab them from the top and pull towards me to pop them off to access the 2 screws under it... there are 3 different styles of control panels, one uses screw on the rear, another uses a putty knife and yours is popping off the end caps.