Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience

I have a front load Kenmore HE2 washer model 110.4646. It

I have a front load Kenmore HE2 washer model(NNN) NNN-NNNN It has worked problem free for a few years. After a brief power outage ( a second or two) all appliances in the house continue to work, but the washer does not seem to have any power. No lights come on. I have tried unplugging and replugging, resetting the surge protector which also connects the dryer which works, but without getting the washer to operate. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 6 years ago.
Does it light up at all?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok the most likley problem is the user interface.They burn out quite often during brief power outages.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is that a part that a handy person can replace or will I need to get a technician? I am fairly handy.
You should be able to do it.Remove the top.There are screws along the back.Then the user interface is held on with screws.And 2 ribbon cables that go to a computer board.They are just clipped in.