Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have an Amana side by side refrigerator with a water and

We have an Amana side by side refrigerator with a water and ice cube dispenser. We moved in to a home with this refrigerator and we have not been able to get the ice cube or water dispenser to work. We turned on the water for it and got one tray of ice and then it stopped.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
can you get me the model #
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am not home right now, but can provide this information later today or tomorrow. The refrigerator does have a filter that needs to be replaced. I tried to replace this at one point but did not get the right filter and Home Depot did not have the right one for Amana.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok get back to me when you can, also was this sitting not being used for a while? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The refrigerator was sitting not being used but I don't know for how long. The home had been winterized and I think the refrigerator was on but the water was shut off from the refrigerator.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
most likely you water valve has frozen stuck if it sat for a while, get me the model # XXXXX you can and Ill see what i can find out, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks, I'll try to get the model number as soon as I can.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok, thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was able to get the Model number for our refrigerator and it is SRD23VW.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok , first thing to do is replace the filter, if that doesn't work after you will need to replace this, Part 792907the problem with this is the valve gums up inside if let sit so it doesn't open, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If the valves are gummed up what should we do?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
you will need to replace it , you cant fix that its inside the valve,
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.