Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

We have a LG DLE 5955 Front Loat Dryer. The flow sensor is

We have a LG DLE 5955 Front Loat Dryer. The flow sensor is showing 4 bars which means there are restrictions in the ventalation, but the ventalation pipe is clean. It is currently not drying the clothes and gets very warm on the back of the dryer. We have had this set for a year now. Is there something that we are missing? Is there a way to check and see if there is something in the acutal dryer that is restricting ventalation flow?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi, pull the vent off the back of the dryer then run it. If you still have a problem when you run it then there is a restriction in the machine most likely around the lint filter blower area. If the dry time improves then the vent is restricted somewhere between the machine and the outside, you will have to get it cleaned out good. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask :) Mike

Edited by Mr Fixit on 2/9/2010 at 4:42 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Mike,

So we ran the dryer yesterday without the vent and there is still a restriction. We cleaned out the lint filter blower area before we ran the dryer without the vent. Is there a way to get into the inside of the dryer to get that thing cleaned out good? or is that something that we have to have professionally done?

Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately lg don't provide schematics of their machines so I can't give you any specific info but normally you would have to take the top off and then remove a couple of screws holding the front on. This would give you access to the inside of the machine. You will find something restricting the air flow. If you can't get in the machine I would have a repair guy do it. The pro's are at least you will have warranty on the work :) Mike