Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kenmore HE2 Gas Dryer. We cleaned the lint area today

I have a Kenmore HE2 Gas Dryer. We cleaned the lint area today (took out easy part as well as screwed off the inside part to clean well).

Went to dry clothes and it won't work. The power goes on and lights are all fine and work, but when you press Start you hear 3 beeps and it does nothing. When you hit the Stop button you are supposed to hit it 2 times to turn machine off. It goes off after the first time you press the button.

Any Help??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

can you get me the rest of the model #? thanks Bryan,

First, here are some tips to help with your model number:

1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.
  2. Don't enter any blank spaces.
  3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.
  4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.
  5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.

Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

Dryer only, gas or electric

• Inside the door, on the cabinet frame
  • On the back of the unit, near the top
  • On the side of the unit, near the front

Washer-dryer combination unit

• Inside the dryer door, on the door frame
  • On top of the dryer
  • On the side of the washer, near the bottom, front
  • Under the washer lid
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Model 110.96572500
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
if this doesn't start at all most likely (90%) of the time its the thermal fuse, Part 2986check this for continuity, let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where would this be??
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
#59 on this diagram,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Didn't do any more with it last night. Mentioned the fuse stuff to my husband - just one more thing for us.

Tried the machine this morning and it worked??? Seems to be fine.

Thanks for your help, Bryan. I appreciate it.

Have a good day.

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
your so welcome ,it may have been a loose wire, well wishes and thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
do I still have to hit the Green Accept button? I already have an email receipt from Paypal that you were paid?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
you still have to hit the green accept button or I don't get paid, you wont be charged again you are just authorizing them to pay me, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.