Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a KitchenAid KSRS25Q frig that overheat,probably,because

I have a KitchenAid KSRS25Q frig that overheat,probably,because of dirty condenser coils.
The two pieces, Relays/Overload?, on the compressor have continuity. I have power to the main 3 wire plug. Power to the multi port plug from the main plug but nothing from there. Nothing to the fan, compressor etc. The lights do work. I have left it unplug overnight with no change.
Suggestions please
XXXXX XXXXXs
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
if your getting power to the relay then it needs to be replaced, they sell a kit for this, Compressor start device. - Click Image to Closeits made to fix several different compressors( they used different compressors) change this and you will be all set, you can order this @ http://midwayparts.net/midwayparts/zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=74 this is a common failer on these we replace a ton of them, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I mentioned that I have NO power out of the multi pin (6to9) receptacle
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok no power at the compressor?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So No Power after it enters the frig. What now?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
you have a defrost timer in this, it may be stuck in defrost cycle, open the fresh food section and where the controls are look under them and see if you can find a hole where this is located turn the little dial and see if it starts, let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can you be more specific as to location of the defrost timer? Is there a panel to remove?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
no panel just open the door and look under the control panel for a hole with that little dial to turn, its usually towards the right side.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
looked under the control panel (freezer control +frig control + light switch. See light bulb but no little hole anywhere.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok this is the diagarm that comes up, perhaps you need to check the model # XXXXX should have more #s to it. First, here are some tips to help with your model number:
  1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.
  2. Don't enter any blank spaces.
  3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.
  4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.
  5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.
Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

All types

• Inside the refrigerator or freezer, on the upper left or right side wall
  • Behind the lower crisper drawer
  • Behind the lower toe kick-plate
  • On the face frame of the refrigerator body
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Diagram looks like my box but which is the defrost timer.
Model # XXXXX
Serial # XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
# XXXXX now that I have the full model # XXXXX defrost timer is electrnic and cant be advanced by hand, Part 844415there is no hole you are correct,this will need to be replace take the 1/4" and phillip head screws out holding the control panel up and then you will see this, its probably burnt to where you can actually see it. I have the same refrigerator and had to replace mine also,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Removed the two-1/4" and philips from bottom side of panel but the front is still attached somehow. What am I missing??????
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok the front control has a plastic cover over the other screws. it snaps on and off, part # XXXXX on the diagram, sorry i forgot that.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do you get it to release? Where do pull,pry, push, or pound?Tongue out
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
use a small screw drive and work it off along the bottom, all the way accross. first pull th control knobs off
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Got it. No knob to remove. Started on right end and worked across. I assume there is no test on for the timer. I used to rep Fluke so I can handle a multimeter OK. Am I going to have to replace it to see if that works, is that correct??
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yaeh theres no test for that but these go all the time, you can test power to it but thats about all, this will fix it, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have pulled hard on the connectors but they wouldn't release. Any thoughts.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
you mean the plug? I usually take a small screw driver and put it in between and turn it to get it to loosen the plug.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'll try that. Thanks Tom
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can't get the part until tomorrow. Have to wait until then to find out if that is the problem.
Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
sure no prblem, while you have this apart check the cold control for continuity, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=check across the two terminals, you should get continuity when its turned up , make sure of that, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.