Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Maytag Neptune front load washer and dryer. Approx

I have a Maytag Neptune front load washer and dryer. Approx 5 years old. One of the flanges on the inside of the dryer drum has come loose. It looks like the hardware has fallen into the cabinet. Is this something I can attempt to repair on my own? Or should I hire a repair company to handle?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
can you get me the model #? are you talking about one of the paddles in the dryer drum?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Don't have the model number with me at work. But yes, I am talking about the paddle.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
do these stack? you will need to remove the top of the dryer to get at the screws that hold this paddle on, if you get me the model # XXXXX i will get the diagrams for you, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hang on. I'll head home and get the model number. Only a few minutes
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
MDE5500AYW
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
take screws # XXXXX out of the front panel (both sides) then pull the panel # XXXXX out from the top, it will come off and lift it off the bottom clips, then you will see the screws holding the top down, they hold the clips #2 on this diagarm, then you can lift the top and get at the holes that hold the baffle in, thanks Bryan,