Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Dishwasher model 7600awb does not dissolve and use up the detergent.

Dishwasher model 7600awb does not dissolve and use up the detergent. We only put a teaspoon full liquid detergent in the heavy/normal soap tray. We close the tray before shutting the door and the tray is open after the cycle is done. Also, the upper tray seems to be pushed all the way back into the water outlet. This has been a problem almost from the time the machine was new. What might be wrong? Could the water outlet panel where the basket pushes into be leaking out of the unused outlet - there is an upper and lower outlet? The back-left side of the interior has a 5" by 3" inch (approx) size gizmo that looks like it could be a vent or something. What is this and is it relevant to our problem? Is there an online source of a repair manual I can read?

Thank you,

Wally Raleigh
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
how much water is in the tub after this fills? also can you recheck the model# XXXXX doesn't come up, First, here are some tips to help with your model number:
  1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.
  2. Don't enter any blank spaces.
  3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.
  4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.
  5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.
Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

Built in

• Inside the door jamb, to the left, right, or top
  • On the door, to the left, right or top

Portable

• On the back of the unit

thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Model: MDB7600AWB

Measuring at the inside of the door at the end of the lower rack rail, there is 1 inch of water.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
your not getting enough water this will cause the machine pump not to have enough pressure, you need to check both the water level float and if thats going up and down freely replace the water fill valve.Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=the float looks like this, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=you should hear a click when you move this up and down, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I had started the machine until it began washing so I could measure the water. Then I cancelled the cycle. I just looked at the float and noticed that the tub was empty. Should it empty when I cancel the cycle? The foat seems to be fine. You said there is not enough water, how much should there be? Note my original questions about the vent or whatever in the back left and also availability of repair manuals.

Sorry to be such a bother. Wally
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
well the water should be above the heater . the vent is really an return when its washing. heres a link to the service manual, http://servicematters.com/maytag_library/docs/16021814.pdf thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What about my question: should the tub empty when I cancel the cycle? It could be that the water is seeping out of the tub while it is washing.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yes when you push cancel it does drain sorry, you hit me with to many questions at once, sorry I missed it, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.