Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi - I am having problem with the lights under the GE Spacesaver

Hi - I am having problem with the lights under the GE Spacesaver microwave. When I replaced the bulbs I believe I blew a fuse, since both lights did not work after I put in new bulbs and replaced one of the sockets. Is it possible I did blow a fuse? If so how do I replace it? Is there something that needs to be repaired in the control panel?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
there is a in line fuse, Part 875392its # XXXXX on this diagram and its located behind the control panel, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Bryan,

Thanks for the quick and complete response. However, I do I get at it to replace it? And should I order the fuse online throught GE? Again thanks for the quick response. Vinnie

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
let me look that up. you can get these at Lowes,
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
there should be a screw on the top that you take out to open the control panel, if not look on the side when you open the door, there may be two there once you find the screw lift up slightly on the control panel and then out, it should be on a hinge and tip down, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Bryan,

Again thanks for the quick and complete responses. So I should be able to go to Lowes, or maybe Home Depot and get a line fuse?? Also, this fuse is located behind the control panel, right? Yesterday when I removed the control panel I was looking for is on the control panel. When I showed it to the other guys in the hardware store and Radio Shack, they said they could not see any fuses but only circuitries that are sodered on. I never looked in the microwave behind the control pane. I guess that is where you are telling me to look??? Sorry I am not to mechnical.....but I really think I should be able to fix this one....thanks again...

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yes the part # XXXXX # XXXXX on the above diagram, and yes its behind the control panel. look towards the back when you get it open. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.