Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Whirlpool quiet partner III top arm not spinning, but getting

Whirlpool quiet partner III top arm not spinning, but getting water. Cleaned out and checked all tubes and under the screen. What's going on?
do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be on a sticker around the frame of the dishwasher if you open the door.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
GU64OXTLQO
OK so I've included a breakdown of the pump below so you can see how to take it apart and reassemble it.

First thing you need to do is take out the bottom rack. After that you need to remove the bottom wash arm. To do this, grab the center plastic nut with your pliers and spin the washarm off. Next, you must take off the arm that goes to the back feed line. This comes out by turning the arm about 45-50 degrees in the clockwise direction. It clips onto the back arm so unclip it as you are turning it. You have to turn HARD, do not worry the plastic is sturdy and will not break. Just remove that arm and also the plastic nut.

Ok now we're down to where the picture shows us. There are 4 torx screws holding on number 1. Remove these screws and pull up on number 1 to take it out.

After that you will see all the rest of the parts. You must take number 8 off. There is one screw holding the plastic cover number 8. Remove this and DO NOT remove number 6. That is the part you are trying to get to. That part CAN NOT be easily reinstalled so just clean the screen with a toothbrush, but please do not remove it because it's very difficult to install and I have no tips on how to do so--- it's just a battle.

That should be about everything.
graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
O.K. I've had it apart to be able to see #8 and I did clean out some toothpicks and gunk at the base of it. Are you saying that if I get it out and clean it better, that should solve my problem?
it should, if it doesn't then you will need to replace your circulation pump because it's not prododucing enough pressure for one reason or another.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I've got it down to the plastic cover for #8, took out the screw, but can't get the plastic to budge or move and am scared to break it. How's it done?
use needle nose pliers and pull straight up on the prong at the top, also use a flat head screwdriver and pry on the tap on the right side to release it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
got it. i used a bent coathanger to pry from underneath. Do I need to get all the holes clean with a pin? they are clogged with fine threads.
a toothbrush is probably best.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That's it! Just running a cycle and it is spraying well. Thanks so much.
no problem and good luck.