Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

kenmore gas dryer model 110.74642400 spins but no heat - would

kenmore gas dryer model 110.74642400 spins but no heat - would to purchase a pdf or other printable document to try to repair myself or would like to get your alternative suggestion please and thank you
there are several reasons for this, the flame sensor, the thermostats, the gas valve coils, or igniter, do you have a volt meter?Gas Dryer Guts
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes i do have a volt meter
ok , you will need to remove the front panel of the dryer so we can test some things.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can you please kindly supply me with what the voltage readings should be and then I can begin testing the flame sensor, the ignighter, the coils, and anything else you think that should be checked out....
ok first unplug the igniter, put your meter on voltage and place you leead in the plug start the dryer and you should get 120 volts to the igniter, you will have to jump out the door switch to test.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
okay - doing that now..... but if i do that won't the drum fall out
just unhook the belt and remove the drum its better out of the way,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no power/no reading/no volts on the igniter - what's next my friend? could it be the sensor? the dial?
ok unplug the dryer and take one wire off of the flame sensor.Part 2681be careful don't break the terminal off, then check for continuity across the two terminals, this should have continuity,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
we have continuity on the flame sensor - what's next doctor?
is there one of these on the burners can? Part 2926check it next the same way for continuity.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i will look - is this part another sensor?
its the high limit thermostat, also look for these the the high limit is includded in this set, Part 940740
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i couldn't find the Part - is it in the front with the igniter and coils?
I'm not sure I'll try and get some diagrams give me a few minutes, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan - if it is indeed in the front - I don't have it - obviously I am going to pay you more than $35 if you get me to get my dryer back up and running again!!! I will await your reply with your diagrams - many thanks - Bob
ok this is located on the back of the dryer behind the panel on the tube, #12 on this diagram,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
found ! we continuity on both of those parts - what's next dr?
well the only thing left are the gas coils, this also but I think on this machine the whole machine shuts down and wont start, you can test it if you like but you need the gas coils, these are $20.00 @ this should fix it, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Bryan - I had the coils replaced November 11, 2009 and at that time the igniter was lighting and now the igniter is not lighting. Can I/should I test the current coils ? And if so - what voltage read should I get -Bob

if you had them replace and you checked all the thing I said and they all test good, and you sure you tested them correctly and the coils were replaced already I doubt there bad again, it has to be the timer, we've gone over everything else, check and see if you getting 120 volts down to the gas control thermostats if your not its the timer or the motor centrifugal switch isn't sending power, Sears wont give out any info other than diagrams, check both sides of thermostats,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
will do - thank you for all of your help - going to take a break from this now -
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yikes - i should went to pay you - I wanted you to get the $35 fee plus a $35 bonus - but I don't think the payment went through correctly - how can I verify to be sure you get $70
thank you so much. you have benn a pleasure to work with, I'm taking a break for a bit to get something to eat thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I hope you get the $70 i intended for you to have - not sure how this payment thing works - thank you agiain for all your help
I did thank you very much, well wishes Bryan