Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Water is leaking down the inside of the freezer from the icemaker.

Water is leaking down the inside of the freezer from the icemaker. The icemaker is making ice fine but streams of water are running down the inside of the freezer and freezing on the inside wall of the freezer. It looks like each time the icemaker fills with water, more water spills and runs down the inside wall of the freezer and freezes.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
if you turn the ice maker off does the water still come down the side?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have not tried turning off the icemaker and checking for the leak, but I have defrosted the freezer a couple of times to remove the ice. I turned off the freezer to do the defrosting and the problem always reappears a few days later.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok try turning the ice maker off and make sure theres no ice on the side then wait and see if its dripping still if so you need a inlet valve, if you get me the full model # XXXXX'll look up the valve, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't have the model number with me at the moment but you think I need a new inlet valve? I can order it online if you feel that is the problem.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't have the model number with me at the moment but I can order the part on line later if you feel the inlet valve is the problem.