RUSS
RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Experience:  TECHNICIAN AND TEACHER
19031375

I have a old Kitchenaid Prestige washing machine. It will not

Customer Question

I have a old Kitchenaid Prestige washing machine. It will not spin. I have looked at the back and it does not appear to be able to remove it. It has plastic tips on the top portion I am not sure how to remove and plastic strips down both sides. Is there another way for me to find the belt. I have tipped it onto the front of the machine and looked on the underside and do not see a belt.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  RUSS replied 4 years ago.

there is NO belt. it is direct drive do not take it apart from the back. the lid switch is probably bad, remove two screws from the lower corner of the console (control panel lower front corners) then pry the brass retaining clips with a long screwdriver by prying to the rear. then pull the cabinet off to you from front. the switch is on the bottom of the top panel neat the lid.

THE MODEL NUMBER YOU INDICATED DOES NOT APPEAR CORRECT, IT IS LOCATED INSIDE THE LID AREA ON THE TOP PANEL.

RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Experience: TECHNICIAN AND TEACHER
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have removed the screws and the clips. What about the white plastic thing with the wires in it. How can not remove the front until I remove this. How do I remove it.
Expert:  RUSS replied 4 years ago.
it is a plug three is a clip you squeeze and pull upwards

Edited by RUSS on 2/7/2010 at 3:04 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok I have done that and I have found the switch. Before I even took it apart I would press on the switch and it would make a sound but not turn. Does that mean it is bad? Where do I go to find a new switch? Is it easy to replace? The model # XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  RUSS replied 4 years ago.
the switch is available at most appliance repair places even SEARS SERVICE has them, it is very easy to replace (two screws). If you have a volt ohm meter test it for continuity. Otherwise there is not way for you to test it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, Thank you for your time, I really appreciate it. I wish you the best!
Expert:  RUSS replied 4 years ago.
MANY THANKS PLEASE HAVE A GREAT 2010