Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

where is the fuse and what does it look like on a Sears Kenmore

Customer Question

where is the fuse and what does it look like on a Sears Kenmore solid state dryer 76992100?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

Part 2986

This is the thermal fuse.The fuse will stop a gas dryer from heating

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
my question is WHERE is this fuse?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
power went out today. dryer won't heat now, but does turn on and spin. took off back. cannot see anything that looks like a fuse. this is not a gas dryer, so must have a fuse. thank you
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
Take the back off the dryer its sits on the air duct.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you but there is nothing that looks like that on the air duct. and by the air duct do you mean the panel next to it? there is absolutely nothing like that anywhere in the back. Do I need to open the TOP panel, or just the large back panel? I removed the air hose and removed the panel and have searched everywhere in there. Plenty of wires. no fuse/ thank you
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
Its the large back panel you remove not the timer panel
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. I removed the large back panel first. I am looking at the air duct - or where the air duct connects to the dryer for outgoing air. there is nothing there that looks like that fuse.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.
I checked that model number again and your right its not the fuse. The problem has to be the start switch relay , its in the console, its the switch you use to start the dryer the part # XXXXX or 687900.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the dryer sticker on the door of the drum tells me that it is probably ONE of the fuses. Before I start to replace start switch relays, I would like to locate the fuse(s) and replace. There is nothing on the air duct that looks like the picture that you sent me. This is not a gas dryer. there is no gas line going into the dryer. Most likely, since it turns on and since we had a power outage, it is probably a blown fuse. Can you tell me where the fuse or fuses are on this moedl. Thankyou.
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.

If it were the thermal fuse the unit would not start, it is either the heating element or the hi limit switch on the heating element, I have included a diagram where these are located on the rear of the machine..

graphic

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I asked where the fuse is on the dryer. The sticker inside the door says there are two fuses in the main box. I could not locate them. This was the only question that I asked and no one answered it for me. Sorry. but I cannot accept your answer.