Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have customer with ge refrigerator ZISS480DMCS. Unit has

I have customer with ge refrigerator ZISS480DMCS. Unit has broken flap door solenoid to the ice dispencer.To reach this part I have to remove door board but is block by plastic frame (not like in ARCTIKA) and plastic frame(colar) is submerge under s.s skin on the door.
Do I have to take down s.s. skin from the door to remove dispencer frame? Thank you for any sugestions. Tom Speedy
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
the glass dispenser board has to come off to get to the solenoid, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=there should be two screw driver slots (small) at the bottom of this to pry it off it will come off board and all, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Sorry Speedy I cud not tried your method. My customer was up north and this is in his summer house on Florida. Finlay I was there end I discover in this particular model you have to take s.s. door skin down to take glass board out. 100 % there is no deferent way.

Me, personally I had to remove 4 screws on the top of the door and 4 screws on the bottom, then split skin and door far enaff to be able to remove plastic frame from under s.s. skin. Then rest is the same like in regular Arctika.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
thats a strange one but i think I know the one your talking about, did you get it fixed?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

YES. I fixed the problem This is the one were you have to separate door skin from the door. I am in this business 20 years and this is first like this. Thank you anyway.

p.s. Do I have to pay you. Have no problem with this. Just tell me. Tom.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well Tom thats up to you, If you feel i tried to help and maybe got you going in the right direction. either way well wishes and thanks, Bryan