Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my kenmore washer keeps popping circuit breaker,I allready

Customer Question

my kenmore washer keeps popping circuit breaker,I allready changed the motor to a new one
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
can you resend the model # XXXXX a space between each #,? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes the model number is XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
did you change the motor capacitor? Part 2859this may be bad, let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No I did not change it
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
this could be the issue, this gives the motor a boost to start, if its bad it draws to many amps and will trip a breaker, try changing this, you can get one at sears or order one @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-110.92582220-%3d%3dei2859&PartID=2859 thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If I accept this suggestion will my questioning be over? meaning if this doesn't fix it will I have to pay you again to keep asking you. I have a Sears 10 blocks from me I am going to try to get the capacitor now and will replace it to see if it works.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
no you wont have to pay me again just leave the question open after you press accept and you can come back and we can continue with this, any reply's will be forwarded to me , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how do i leave the question open? after pressing accept
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
just dont press anything else like close the question, it will stay open , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Brian I just came back from sears parts store and it was clse ,it will be untill Monday when I can get the part.So do I press accept and when I replace the part I can log in with you again or how does it work?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you can wait to press accept or press it now its up to you, you can come back either way and continue, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Brian I 'm now ready to tell you that the capacitor was not a fix,I found a short in the motor harness wire (one of them was chafed ) but after putting the motor and gear assy back on the washer now spins out of balance when it gets to the spinning cycle,what did I do wrong?Thank you
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok your back feet may be stuck, these are self leveling try tipping it forward and tap the back legs and see if they drop down, then let it back down and try again, let me know, I'm glad you found the wiring problem, Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok i'll give it a shot again even though my brother tried it allready.Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
thanks ,let me know, Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Brian: We tried to no success,There are these pins(2 of them) but it looks like it suppose to be 3 (?) they go in a bracket,from below with their heads facing the ground and they have a flat area along the shank and there is a plastic housing for the pins as if to catch them and not let them fall down all the way.(hope I'm making it somewhat clear to you if not please let me know.Thank you (by the way,it only starts spinning out control once the water is drained).
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
these are shipping pins and are pulled after delivery, these are suppose to be in the cups, if he put them back in the machine pull them back out,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, they are out and we still have the problem with the spinning any info on that?Thank you
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

did you tip the machine over on its side when you worked on it?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes,I sure did,when put it on a bench to work on it we moved on all sides.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you probably turned the triangle skid plate in between the tub and the frame, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
And what can i do to solve this problem?It also looks like the skid pad (3 of them)one of them is missing a portion,but I think it was working fine like this for a long time.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
try turning this is a different position until it stops, you need to lift the tub up to do this, (two people)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok I guess you are telling me to try to turn the skid triangle to a different position while holding the tub up,right?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
yes it out of position I believe,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you Bryan I will give it a shot and get back to you, right now I am going to work.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Brian: Ok, I did everything you suggested and all is working normally now.I thank you for your help.I hope you did get pay,and if I owe for anything else please let me know.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
thats good to hear, everything is all paid on this end thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Just curious,how do I get in touch with you next time?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you can just put my name at the beginning of your post, like Hi Bryan, most of the techs know it's for me, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
thanks Bryan , you don't need to reply to this is the only way i can close the question on my end, you can just close the question