Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Hotpoint side by side refridgerator with ice and water

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint side by side refridgerator with ice and water in the door. Recently the water stopped working. The water lines seem to be clear, but I cannot get air (or water)from the quick disconnect under the freezer door to the dispenser.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
do you have a volt meter?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no, i do not
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok have someone press the water while you go in the back and feel the water valve , this should vibrate when the button is pushed, let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes, it does vibrate
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok your valve is not opening, you said you didnt get water through the hose when you disconected it under the door correct? you need to replace it, Part 880070you can order it @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-HSS25GFTAWW-%3d%3dei880070&PartID=880070 thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No, that is the part that i purchased and replaced. I ahve put the ould part back on and I am getting water through the valve. I have unplugged the quick disconnect from under the freezer door (there is one there that disconnects the line from the door) and I can get water from the flow valve to that point. I just cannot get it to go through the door.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok I mis understood the above reply, then its definitely frozen in the door, this i a straight piece of hose that runs up inside the door, no valves or stops in any way, you will need to take a hair dryer to the dispenser and defrost it until it runs, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do i need to take the door apart to do this? How do I get to the hose to defrost?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
no just point the hair dryer up into the dispenser in the front where you get the water and let the warm air go up inside , test it every now and then until the water comes out,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you! it worked!
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
your welcome, this happens sometimes, thanks and don't forget to press accept if your happy, well wishes Bryan