Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Icemaker only has 40 amps going to it. It stops in middle of

Customer Question

Icemaker only has 40 amps going to it. It stops in middle of making a batch of ice,also checked the wiring and put in new board still not working and the fliter too,it was ok.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
which board did you put in it? this one? Part 921526let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes this is it
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok you change the emitter and receiver, there are two part to it one on each side. the problem is probably the ice maker module, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is under the front white cap on the ice maker, you will need to remove the ice maker to check , if it stops in mid cycle the tabs thats hold the center gear on may have broken, this is common, let me know, I have to leave in an hour but will be back around noon, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
not enough voltage coming through to the emitter and receiver
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
where are you checking the voltage? are you unpluging the ice maker and checking it at the plug?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes at the plug
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
you say 40 amps, do you means volts?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
you are missing a neutral somewhere in this, the problem is the wiring runs through the body you cant get to it, my advice unless your really good with a volt meter is to call for service, if you are good at electrical you can try and trace the wires and find where the neutral is missing, maybe a broken wire somewhere in the back near the compressor, where the wiring is, make sure you didn't pull the neutral out of the plug on the emitter also, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
getting 120 volts to receiver but only getting 80 volts out of receiver and replace with a new and still get the same reading
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

was it the same problem before you replaced the reciever? you replaced both parts correct? on both sides?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes had same problem with new and old
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
try unpluging the ice maker put your meter on the plug and push the flap in on the left side and check the voltage, let me know what you get, click here for technical wiring, http://www.servicematters.com/docs/wiring/Wiring%20Sheet%20-%202303927.pdf I have to do a couple of jobs and will be back later we can continue then, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have already done all this. is it possible to get a service manual on this? thank you for all your help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
when you open the freezer door what does the red light do? also when the freezer door is open and you press the flap in on the other side what does the light do? I have a little time but have to leave soon,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
customer was not home. will check this out and get back to you. it maybe monday before i find out. i didn't check this. thanks,
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
thats ok I'll be here tomorrow, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i checked and the light stays on on the right side and no light on left side. pushing light switch on freezer side light goes out. does the light switch control the icemaker? thanks,buster
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

so the red light stays on steady when you push the flap in on the left side correct? the light switch doesn't control the ice maker, I would change the module on the ice maker, if you order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=b5a4i1469018&PartID=1469018 they will let you return it if it doesn't work, I truly believe this is the issue, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=Bryan

heres there return policy, Return Any Part
Electrical parts? Special-order parts? No problem. We absolutely guaranty your money back if you decide to return a part within 30 days. And of course we'll refund your shipping and handling charges if we select the wrong part for you. Click here for more information.

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you for all your help. i will try this. buster
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
thanks Bryan