Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Sears Refrig 106.74202402. Ice maker is not making ice, goes

Sears Refrig 106.74202402. Ice maker is not making ice, goes through the process. exits ice cubes that are about 1/2 size, then the arm that turns the unit off and on doesn't return to the on position. My assumption is that the unit is shot and I need to replace the entire unit or is their a simple fix I can do myself
is the a # XXXXX the ice maker like p.n. #?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I cannot see a serial number nor model number on the icemaker. It is branded as a "Acceler-ice 3xi", the frig shows a mfg date of 8/2005 and has a serial number ES(NNN) NNN-NNNN

I have a spec sheet illustration that shows all the part numbers for the componets within the icemaker, but doesn't list a part number for the entire unit. Any part on the unit that would zero in which unit I have?

a for instance would be the compressor which is part(NNN) NNN-NNNN
you can replace this ice maker with this one,
Whirlpool Replacement Icemaker - Replacement ice maker for Whirlpool refrigerators - round or flat plug. Valve and bin not included.
Recommended related item: 584723, 1394135. Recommended tool (if you need to strip wires): 967613
Appliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse Over
Mouse over to see other views. Everything you see is included in this part.
Part 1857
replacing the entire ice maker would be your best bet to avoid replacing all the individual parts, you can get this @ hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Bryan. One last question. I want to shop this part for the best price, Is the part number 1857 you referenced me to the whirlpool part number or is it the parts dealer part you linked to? If it is, please furnish me the whirlpool part number for the ice maker.
the whirlpool ice maker part # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNNwell wishes and thanks Bryan