Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I own a GE Profile Side by Side refrigerator model#PSS26NHPA

I own a GE Profile Side by Side refrigerator model#PSS26NHPA WW. Sometimes when the fan kicks on it sounds like a jet plane trying to take off. It is very loud and eventually quiets down somewhat. I am concerned that the fan is going to stop working.

Is that normal - the manual says the whirring of the fan spinning is normal. I cannot believe that it should be so loud.

Can you advise?? Any suggestions on this problem.

Sherry Goginsky
Carmle, IN
is there any frost at all on the back panel inside the refrigerator? look real good behind the food, does this seem to be cooling correctly?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I only see what looks like a couple of droplets of ice on the vent near the bottom of the back panel. I believe that it is cooling correctly.
ok this is a main control board issue, this has a diode and transformer on the board the fails, you will need to replace this, Main Control Board WR55X10942 - Click Image to Closeits located behind the refrigerator on the back wall, there will be a cover over it, you can order this @ G.E. has redesigned the boards 4 times because of problems, and the problem your having is one of them, hope this helps, thanks Bryan