Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Ice Maker in my LG Side By Side, isnt making ice, it is

My Ice Maker in my LG Side By Side, isnt making ice, it is turned out, and getting power, and there isnt a kink in the water supply line. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
can you get me the model #?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thankyou, for your reply. The Model number is XXXXX I have used a hair dryer on the Ice Maker supply lines for about 5min, filled the ice tray with water overnight (nothing happened), and turned the temperature up some on the freezer side, thinking that if something is frozen it might thaw. When the tray didnt dump, I wonder if its getting power, So I unplugged the refrigerator for a few minutes and plugged it back in, nothing. There isnt any switches that I can see right off outside of the on/off switch. If I am missing one let me know. Thanks for all your help in trying to get this corrected.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
what is the temperature in the freezer? do you have a thermometer to put in it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do not have a thermometer, the freezer is working fine. The water I put in the ice tray froze in the normal time frame. Just seems like the Ice Maker is on the fritz. Thanks Again
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok it if didn't dump after you put water in and it froze than the ice maker is bad, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=these are not to expensive $94.00 @ remove the ice maker and check for 120 volts to the plug if you have it replace the ice maker, thanks Bryan