Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My client has replaced his 9 year old Electric Maytag dryer

My client has replaced his 9 year old Electric Maytag dryer with a new Maytag 3000 gas dryer. It will not dry the clothes. Maytag technician says the unit is fine the duct is bad.
I agree to a point. We had a duct cleaner come out and clean the whole duct line. So when we turn thegas dryer on the pressure switch is not allowing the gas to turn on. This did not happen with the electric dryer. I fully understand all of the ducting and yes it is stressed to the limit. not a lot of 90's just a long distance. I guess what my real question is, CAN THE PRESSURE SWITCH BE TURN DOWN OR TURNED OFF. Our last resort will be an inline fan but the electrical part is very difficult. so before I start ripping drywall, what do you think???

the best way to tell is take the vent off the back of the dryer and do a load if its works correctly its the vent, there is no way to turn the pressure switch down or off. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What is the difference between the electric and the gas? Does the electric have the same pressure switch? Or with no danger of fire does it not need one? Do we need to switch back to electric?
well the gas valve shuts faster with the gas , if this is new its highly unlikely theres an issue with the dryer , they are more sensitive the pressure switches but your venting is the big issue, how long a run is the vent?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I would say 60 feet with one 90. But it has been drying clothes for 9 years. What do you think of inline fans?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
maybe if the vents are clean enough, is there just one dryer? also have you tried to clean the vent? how often have you cleaned them over the past 9 years, ? sixty feet is a long run and lint builds up, if you can get them clear enough a fan in line would help. I used to clean the vents in a lot of laundromats and its a pain, but there were 10 or more dryers,