Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Duet Washer GHW9150PW0 that runs but after it spins

Customer Question

I have a Duet Washer GHW9150PW0 that runs but after it spins starts beeping w F11 error code and wont Pause/Cancel - so door won't open ! I can reset to Drain/Spin for the 12 min but then at 4 min it does the same thing beeping w/ error . Eventually I can get the door open after unplugging or trying to reset but it is so frustrating . Waited a week for a repair comp to come out and they just came yesterday and looked .... never touched it just listened and said they had a protocol for what parts need to be repaired and would quote today and I have yet to hear the $ amount but need a solution .Help !
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

this is the F11 code,

F/11

Serial Communication Error

Communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the Motor Control Unit (MCU) cannot be sent correctly.

• Check Wire Harness connectors to the MCU, the motor, and Central Control Unit (CCU)
  • Check the Drive system for any worn or failed components
  • Check MCU
  • Check CCU
  • Check Motor
  • Check Wire Harness
these are the things they should have checked, if they didnt they are trying to pull something, this code has to the either the control units or theres a bad connection, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Bryan ! Thanks for answering so quickly ..... unfortunately not only is my washer acting up but my internet keeps going down too so I was not able to get your answer till now . Well you confirmed my thoughts - they are just trying to replace what ever they think it could be with out even trouble shooting it at my expense and we could do that ourselves LOL .

Never called me back on the quote so I called before they closed to be told that the owner was not in to quote it . When I expressed my frustration she told me she'd try to reach him and called back w a $600 plus quote . I could buy a new unit for a bit more .

We are going to attempt to trouble shoot the items you suggested and I have found a parts place locally . Where in Tenn are you located ? We may be calling you .

Thanks again for the advice - Joyce

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
I'm in east Tn., let me guess you called A & E for service right? they are the worst, thanks Bryan