Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a maytag neptune washer and the wax motor wont activate.

I have a maytag neptune washer and the wax motor wont activate. it feed 110v until you plug the wax motor in. Model# XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you need to check the control board in this.
Machine control board. *Burned resistor on board indicates another problem within the machine.
Appliance Part Mouse OverAppliance Part Mouse Over
Mouse over to see other views. Everything you see is included in this part.
Part 775784
check the board for a burnt diode, its in the control panel . let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So if it does have a burnt diode your saying the machine control board is the part that needs replaced?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
yes , this is caused by the wax motor so you will need to replace both, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there anyway to send over info on ways to initiate defrost on GE refrigerators. How do I up the amount of money to pay you. You have been alot of help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
whats going on with the refrigerator? is it frosting up? what is the model# ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My boss told me to ask you that.Ill have to get that information and get back in touch with you. Any answer on how I up the amount of money to you. Thank you so much for the expertise.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
sorry my wife is I'll so I helped make dinner, well most defrost problems are the heaters in these, is there frost on the back panel in the freezer? find out and get back to me. you cant up the pay but you can leave a bonus if you wish when we are done, let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you I'll get a model number for a ge frig. it's not one inpeticular just needed the info on how to defrost it. Thank you so much Bryan. I hope your wife gets better.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok you wuill need to remove the back panel inside the freezer and take a hair dryer and defrost it, if its a side by side you will need this, Defrost Heating Element - Click Image to Closeits the defrost heater and G.E. had to re disign these and make them a double heater because they were burning out, its located under the coils in the back of the freezer, you will see it when you defrost this, you can get this @ http://midwayparts.net/midwayparts/zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=4 once defrosted it will work correctely until the part comes in, remember to put the panel back on though. thanks and well wishes. Bryan, thanks for the concern about my wife she will be fine just a cold .