How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Maytag OTR Microwave Model #MMV5207BCW runs (Motor runs

Resolved Question:

My Maytag OTR Microwave Model #MMV5207BCW runs (Motor runs and is lite up) but does not cook food. Could you please explain first how to get into the motorized section and how do figure out what is wrong with it. Could it just be a fuse?

Thanks, Sue
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
if everything sounds normal and its not heating its the magnetron thats bad, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=the is one of the most dangerous parts in the microwave , these microwaves can carry a lethal amount of voltage stored in the capacitor and can even kill someone when its unplugged,please have this serviced by a tech, CPSC Banner

Consumer Product Safety Commission

Electrocution Hazard with Do-It-Yourself Repairs of Microwave Ovens

CPSC Document #5061

The U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warns against do-it-yourself repairs of microwave ovens. Each year, on average, four people die from electrocution trying to repair their microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source. Should certain internal devices fail, even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury.

The Commission strongly recommends that consumers have professionals repair microwave ovens because electrical appliances can be hazardous if consumers expose live electrical parts.



Removing the cover of your microwave oven and touching an electrical part can kill you.

Have a professional repair your microvave oven


thanks Bryan

Bryan and 3 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you