Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Just bought new Frigidaire FPHD2491KF. Ran fine for a week

Customer Question

Just bought new Frigidaire FPHD2491KF. Ran fine for a week then will not start. When door is opened sometimes there are no lights and no response from pressing control buttons. Sometimes when you open the door teh buttons will work but still does not operate when door is shut. Once, when door was open, the PF ligh was on and the Hi Temp and Air Dry lights were flashing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
pf means power failer , you probably blew the thermal fuse in this, if this is new you should call for service since its under warranty and if you attempt repair you will void the warranty, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you fro your response. Now I am very leary of it and have an option of returning it to Lowes for a replacement. I currently have purchased new GE Profiles applieances accept for this dishwasher. Would you replace this Frigidaire with a GE Profile dishwasher or just replace with the same?

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
I would go with whirlpool, less trouble and when something does go it cheaper to fix, G.E. has a lot of plastic parts that wear out quick, hope this helps, thanks Bryan