Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a KitcchenAid KSR27ILBT00 where the water started tasting

I have a KitcchenAid KSR27ILBT00 where the water started tasting bad even after a filter change, then the ice maker stopped working. I don't know if they are related, but I would like to resolve both issues.
ok first the bad taste should go away after you run it a while, second how long ago did you change the filter? 2 days 1 day?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Filter was changed about 6 months ago, but since it was still tasting bad we stopped using it. Ice was tasting funny as well, but then the ice maker stopped working. We would like to get the ice maker working again, then maybe change filter.
alright , the reason the water tastes bad is because of the chiller tank, or in some cases they just use a rolled up tube in back of the crisper in the refrigerator, these tend to get stagnant water in the tubes, the ice maker we need to check some things on that, open the freezer and tell me what the little red light on the right side is doing. is it blinking?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The right side of the freezer thereis a Ice Maker Control with an on/off switch, sensor, and LED light. The LED light is off.
ok this should be blinking if the on switch is on, you need to replace the emitter and receiver in this. Electronic control part#(NNN) NNN-NNNN$92.10 - Click Image to Closeyou can get this on line @ http://midwayparts.net/midwayparts/zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=90 this will fix the ice maker, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks. I'll order that part and install it.
thanks ,Bryan