Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Make MatagModel MGR6772BDBWe have the Maytag Gemini Gas

Customer Question

Make: Matag Model: MGR6772BDB We have the Maytag Gemini Gas Double Oven MGR6772BDB. Initially the broiler on the top oven failed to light or work. Some time later the top oven ceased to heat. Optional Information: Yesterday we recieved an answer stating that the ignitors were probably the cause Today I purchased and replaced both ignitors. The top oven works just fine but the broiler will not light even though the ignitor is glowing brightly, and inspite of our noticing sound and the smell of gas coming from the top oven/broiler...Can that be right?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well if the igniter didn't work on the broiler you need to call for service, this could be the safety valve and that you need a tech to install, be safe when it comes to changing a gas component call a tech, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks.
That pretty much what I thought.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok , thanks Bryan