Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

The stove is a Whirlpool Accubake model RF379LXMQ (serial number

The stove is a Whirlpool Accubake model RF379LXMQ (serial number RP3310342). The oven heats up ok. But after the food is placed inside, and the door is closed, the oven shuts off. The only way to keep the oven on is to insert a knife blade or other slim object that will keep the oven door slightly ajar. The spring-loaded switch that is activated by the door seems to be involved. Also, the light flickers constantly when it is supposed to be on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you are excatly right, you need to chang the switch, Part 504657 be careful and shut the breaker off before taking this out, you can order this @ thyanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I don't know if my reply was sent. I have two questions:

1. How do I get behind the panel to remove the old switch and plug in the new one?

2. How is it that I was addressed as "xrs driver"?

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
sorry the switch just snaps in, shut the breaker off and take a small screw driver and pry it out, I would however get the new one before doing this, make sure you transfer each wire one by on then just push the switch into the hole,thats the user name you used, thanks Bryan