Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore

My Kenmore Elite electric clothes dryer will not start this

Customer Question

My Kenmore Elite electric clothes dryer will not start this morning. It was working fine yesterday. I have checked the breaker and that is fine. I have checked to make sure that it hadn't come unplugged, and that the door was closed properly. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. Since you have already checked you breakers etc., it is probably the thermal fuse in the back. Unplug the dryer and take off the large rear panel. There is a white plastic part on the blower duct that has two blue wires attached. To test this part, remove the wires and put them securely together and tape then to insulate them. Try the dryer and if this works you will need the thermal fuse. Test the dryer to make sure it does not get too hot and that the venting system in the house is not blocked. This is for testing only and the fuse needs to be replaced before drying laundry. The fuse is part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN Dave