Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

my kenmore dishwasher wont turn on, there is power but wont

my kenmore dishwasher wont turn on, there is power but wont go on?

Are there any lights on the unit coming on?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
there are no lights at all, it is a older unit kenmore ultra wash ll, #16915, it was working fine did a load, then there was nothing?

there should be 2 more numbers after the one you gave me, it should either be 90, 91, 92, or 93

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
(NNN) NNN-NNNN

First try this, remove the bottom kick panel under the door and check the wire connections where the house wiring connect to the unit, make sure that it is good, if so then you will need to replace the microcomputer on this unit which is part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN You can order the parts you need from the following places, www.apwagner.com, www.repairclinic.com, or www.partstore.com, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

Hopefully it is a loose connection under there as this is a very expensive part to replace.

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
where do you install this part and how

If the power is okay then you will remove the screws from inside the door to access the control panel to install the microcomputer.