Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My dishwasher stops and starts randomly. After I start the

My dishwasher stops and starts randomly. After I start the cycle it will run for some time. Then just stop as if it lost power. The lights on the panel will cycle on and off for a little while at intermittent times. I can open and close the door and press any button but get no response. If I close it an leave it, it will start up again at some random time.

We ran the dishwasher last night and we woke up to the thing still running.

Thank you for using JustAnswer's for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

The complete model number will be located inside the door area on the side of the tub

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

2 Numbers I found

MOD DU1148XTPB1

SER FR4804577

The microcomputers memory is corrupted and will need to be replaced, this is part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN You can order the parts you need from the following places, http://www.apwagner.com/, http://www.repairclinic.com/, or http://www.partstore.com/, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for helping me out with the part number. How much can I expect to pay to have a service tech come to my house and replace the part? Is it difficult to replace myself?

A service tech will charge about $150 to install and you can do it in under 30 minutes and save your self a ton of money, just have to remove the screws on the inside of the door and the control panel will come off and give you access to the microcomputer.