John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

i have condensation int eh inside of my refrigeration middle

Customer Question

i have condensation int eh inside of my refrigeration middle left---just have the refrigerator on 1
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
It sounds like the door seal may be leaking. Try this test. Using a paper bill, insert between the door and the frame. Close the door, and try to remove the bill. Start with the side opposite the handle, and work your way around the door in one foot intervals. If you find an area where there's little or no resistance to pulling the bill out, the gasket will need to be replaced. Please post back with the result of the test.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no this isn't the problem the refrigerator side and the freezer side both have same resistance----the freezer is very very cold i can't keep the refrigerator cold because i had=ve to keep it at 1 so it doesn't ice up
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

OK. Thank you for checking. It sounds to me like you might have a dust blocked condenser coil, assuming you have such a coil in your refrigeration system. If air is not flowing through the coil to cool the refrigerant, the compressor's run cycle gets longer in order to compensate. The fact that everything's so cold indicates that the condenser coil needs to be vacuumed to remove the dust.

The coil should be able to be accessed by removing the rear cover panel. It looks like a miniature auto radiator, and it will most likely have a fan attached to it.