Francis
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .

I have a Fisher & Paykel DEGX1 electric dryer. The thermostat

I have a Fisher & Paykel DEGX1 electric dryer. The thermostat needs resetting every 30-40 minutes. The exhaust duct is clear and the lint bucket is clean. Do I need to replace the thermostat?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 4 years ago.

What about the blower wheel? It needs cleaning too in order to push more air to the vents.

It would be directly coupled to the motor shaft. It could be covered by the plastic housing going to the outlet vents.

Sometimes it gets loose also to its shaft that is why it is noisy and would not push a lot of air.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The blower wheel is clean and not noisy. Air flow out of dryer is good.
Expert:  Francis replied 4 years ago.

Another to check would be the gasket of the door. make sure there is no crack or opening in the gasket. Air could be blowing out there and would not be blowing on the heater to lower the heating temperature

Then you can also check the heating element itself. If it would have dirt or short that could increase the current being drawn and would make the heater create more heat and the thermostat would trip off.

Or , you could have a sensitive thermostat that is why it is tripping all the time and in order to prove that, you would need to replace the thermostat and observe it again.

If it would trip again, then a heating element would be the most probable problem.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where is the door gasket?
Expert:  Francis replied 4 years ago.

On the front door. I am assuming this is a front loader?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
A Fisher & Paykel DEGX1 is a top loading dryer with no front door. It has 2 elements located below the drum on the bottom panel and are encased in a 2 part case with the thermostat on the outside of the case.
Expert:  Francis replied 4 years ago.

Ok. Then does it has a gasket on the top door? I am just thinking that the thermostat could be tripping because of poor air movement and it is sensing so much heat from the heater . And since you have cleaned all the airways and vents, the blower wheel as well, then that would be another source of problem if air would be escaping on the top door rather than blow onto the heater coil.

If everything look fine, then you can try replacing the thermostat.
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The DEGX1 door does not have a gasket but locks in place and cannot be opened during operation which prevents air escaping. I'll try and locate a thermostat today and replace. As soon as I do, I'll get back to you.
Expert:  Francis replied 4 years ago.

ok. If I am off line, which could be in a few hours, just leave your question here and i will answer them as soon as I log back in.

Thank you.