Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi, I have a Kitchenaid KIRD801XSS3 downdraft vent. Blower

I have a Kitchenaid KIRD801XSS3 downdraft vent. Blower motor is internal. In the process of removing the existing Corian countertop, the unit has completely stopped functioning. I pulled the 120V wiring cover plate and checked hot, neutral and even ground, all are pefect. Symptom is, press the button on top that would ususally start the process of extending the vent upward and NOTHING. Not a sound, just like it has no power. Has always worked before. Seems like must be related to removal but no damage has been done to the unit. Any suggested tests, etc? Thanks, Frank
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
let me do some research on this and I'll get back to you, did you remove the downdraft at all or just the counter top.?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Just the countertop, very carefully around the unit, really don't think it was touched at all. However, I am going to remove the entire unit now to drop the new Granite top on. Removal simple, disconnect power, slice the HVAC tape sealing it to the duct work, unscrew legs from counter bottom, lift out. Seems unlikely that the switch just decided to fail at this time. I would test it if I could figure out the dissassembly instruction.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
heres a diagram, also chek the microswitches# XXXXX
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes, I have the diagram and have looked at it earlier. There are microswitches on the filters, 36 and 37 but where do you think these 3 (16) switches are? I'll get it pulled out and get back to you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

they should be right in the filter guide , when you put the filter in it engages the switches.