John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

i have a maytag gas dryer model dg382. it does not heat. the

Customer Question

i have a maytag gas dryer model dg382. it does not heat. the clothes vent hose is cleared and clean. no noise. tumbler works fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 6 years ago.
Hi, open the little square panel on the bottom right of the front panel. Turn dryer on and look in the panel opening. Do you see the igniter glow?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
there is a glow, I waited a few minutes and it fired up nicely. dryer felt like it had some heat. my husband moved the vent hose to a different position do you think that helps also
I think you will need to keep watching it. See if it keeps lighting. The dryer will cycle on and off. Wait for a few cycles and see if it keeps lighting.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how long is a cycle?
Hard to say. Flame will stay on for a few min then go out. Off for a couple min then igniter will glow and dryer should light again.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i never saw the igniter glow or light up again ...but the damp towel i put in is dry...and the timer actually worked. i don't know if dryer will work again like this but i'll be doing laundry so if more problems i will let you know. thank you for your help.