Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a side-by-side refrigerator/freezer (at least 10 years

Customer Question

I have a side-by-side refrigerator/freezer (at least 10 years old) and used a brush and vacuum to clean around the coils underneath for the first time in a long while yesterday. there was a ton of dust and hair I cleaned out. While cleaning on the back of the freezer side, I believe my brush hit something an I heard a loud clicking sound that stayed on for about 30 seconds. Now, 10 hours later, the frozen foods are starting to get soft an the fan is running non-stop. Might I have changed a setting or damaged something?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 7 years ago.
Hi, Look inside unit on refer side and look for model #.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Kenmore Porcelin Plus, Model #(NNN) NNN-NNNN
That model # XXXXX XXXXX coming up.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The # XXXXX gave you have have been part of the Serial Number

Next to model, it says "Coldsdpot 106"
Look for a long # XXXXX looks like 106.12344 Coldspot 106 is just a name.
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.

You will need to remove the back cover on the unit by pulling it away from the wall , and removing the back cover, look at the fan motor back there to make sure that you did not bend a fan blade and jam the motor, if so, unplug the machine then straighten it until it spins freely, then replug in the machine so it will cool the coils under the unit.

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory