Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a GE Frontload washer model WBVH5100 in the middle of

I have a GE Frontload washer model WBVH5100 in the middle of my laundry it has decided to act up. Haven't had any problems then with this load it just beeps at me twice when I push start. I have double checked the door a million times it is cloased or appears so to me. It doesn't even try to engage the cycle by locking the door it just immediately beeps twice. I have removed asll the clothing and retried the door nothing. I unplugged it and let it set for 1 minute then plugged it back in still beeping. Please Help!!! Need laundry for tomorrow.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

This is a broken door lock, one minute it may work then stop for no reason at all, the part number you need is WH10X10006, You can order the parts you need from the following places,,, or, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The washer didn't stop on the middle of the cycle it had just completrd the previous load and now will not start the next load. You really think its the door lock? IT shows no signs of abuse and the locked light has never stayed on as I have read other people have problems with it just beeps at me when I try to start it
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

That is when it would break at the end of the cycle or at the beginning. No abuse needed to have this happen, it just happens sometimes.