John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

looking for a diagnostic tool to test subzero refrigerators

Customer Question

looking for a diagnostic tool to test subzero refrigerators and wine coolers
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
If you're speaking of electrical testing, I used a digital multimeter with a amp clamp to measure current flow. For temperature testing I use a digital thermometer, but any thermometer with the proper range may be used. In digital testers the Fluke and UEI brands are reliable.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
That was not the answer I was looking for. I have those tools and know how to use them. I was looking more in the direction of doing a test sequence on the unit itself so that I could diagnose the problem
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.

If you're speaking of some sort of bench test setup, I'm not aware of any on the market.

It would be hard, if not impossible to build one, since the technical information isn't available. I'm not aware of a diagnostic tool, but you might check out Johnstone Supply or Grainger Supply. These companies specialize in refrigeration and HVAC test equipment and supplies.