Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Maytag front load washing machine not draining. I have a

Maytag front load washing machine not draining.

I have a MAH8700AWW. I got a reading of "nd" on the display panel. I was able to drain the water out of the machine getting the drain hose down near to the floor--so I don't think it was a blockage in the hose or the pump.

I have entered the service mode and used the board output test to try and turn the drain pump on: nothing happened. So: now what? Do I need to replace the pump, or is there something else I can do to diagnose the problem further?

This machine has run flawlessly for almost 4 years, it did conk on what may have been a particulary dirty load of clothes (we have a farm!) but because I can get it all to drain through the hose I suspect the pump now.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

If a coin may have gotten down inside the drain pump this will destroy the impellers inside of it, I change a lot of these drain pumps on these model, replacing it with a new one should get you working again.

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory