Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

for the second time i changed my filter and now my water/ice

for the second time i changed my filter and now my water/ice dispenser doesnt work. last time a technician had to come out and "reprogram" the dispenser and it is doing the same thing again - i would like to know how to reprogram it myself.

If you remove the bottom kick plate you will see stuck to the bottom in a plastic bag a programming sheet, open it up go into programming mode, then write down the code that shows up, change the code to PE 0 000 exit the programing, then reprogram it again with the original code it will start to work for you again.

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

ok -now it is set to PE 0 000 and is flashing and holding the Door Alarm button for 3 seconds and/or waiting 4 minutes isnt fixing it?

what next

Now set the original code that was there before and then see if it works for you..