Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Maytag Atlantis washer, model MAV7000AWW 1)stops washing

My Maytag Atlantis washer, model MAV7000AWW 1)stops washing mid cycle (sometimes) 2) will not spin on Whites or Colors, but will spin on "Delicate Cycle. Any suggestions
the second problem is definitely a bad timer, the first is likely a bad timer although it could be a bad lid switch assembly. Here is a link to the timer. I would recommend replacing that first since that part is definitely bad, and if that doesn't fix everything then replace the lid switch assembly.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is this something I can do myself??
probably yes. Just unplug the washing machine first and then remove the back panel to the control panel for access to the timer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

machine is 11 years old, is it worth fixing or should I consider a new one? Going on the possibility of having to replace the lid switch assembly as well.

well it will still definitely cost less to fix then replace but if you fix it I would assume at 11 years old you may only get another 3-5 years. If that is worth it for about $150 or so then I'd fix it, otherwise it's a great time to replace the unit.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay, I think this is the last question. Based on the hope it's just the "timer issue" Do I need just the timer or the circuit board as well? Thanks for your help
just the timer, not the circuit board.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
alright good luck.