Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Dacor Epicure 30 Gas Range with 4 burners that is

I have a Dacor Epicure 30" Gas Range with 4 burners that is 14 months old. Everything is working on the Control Panel, except for the "+" and "-" buttons which are used to control the oven temperature. I first press "Bake" and then I press the up arrow which includes the + sign and nothing happens. I have tried restarting the range and the problem remains. All other buttons on the control panel are functioning.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
unfortunately this means that your touchpad itself is bad. The touchpad is a $200 part so I would call Dacor and let them know that the unit is barely out of warranty and see if they will put it back under warranty.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

If Dacor sends me a replacement touchpad, it this easy and straightforward to replace?

Or would I likely need to hire an applicance technician for this? I have no experience with repairing applicances.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
I would say it's likely you will need an appliance technician. But they wouldn't send you the part anyways. The way manufacturers work, if they give you a part for free they will only send it to an authorized servicer because you installing it would void the warranty, so the only way to get a warranty part is to have an warranty authorized servicer install it---but they're a pretty good company to deal with, I would guess that they would probably pay for parts and labor.