Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Whirlpool model LGR4634DQ1 gas dryer. It is taking

I have a Whirlpool model LGR4634DQ1 gas dryer. It is taking several hours to dry a load of clothes. I opened up the unit and found that the flame runs for about 10 seconds and then is extinquished for about 40 seconds. It is a repeating cycle... seems to me it should be running more than that. What are your thoughts on that. Ricky... Toledo, Ohio
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
disconnect the vent from the back of the dryer to make sure that the vent isn't clogged causing the flame to rise and trip the high limit thermostat causing the flame to turn off early. If the flame isn't rising into the top of the burner cone and the vent is clear, then you'll want to replace your gas valves as they tend to go bad after several years. They will fatigue and won't be able to hold open causing the flame to cut out early until the igniter tries to glow again and open the valve yet again. Here is a link to the coils in case you need them.