Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

refrigerator model ed20db (unit also lists ed20df), ice

refrigerator model ed20db (unit also lists ed20df), ice and water dispenser in door only works intermittenly--when dispenser light is off, no work--light on, works. what makes light go on and off at random?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
this usually means that the wire harness near the bottom of the door has a wire that is breaking and will eventually break all the way through and stop working. The wire harness goes through the hinge so it bends and stretches a lot causing the wire to break often.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
IS THIS SOMETHING I CAN FIX, OR DO I HAVE TO HAVE A SERVICE CALL THAT WILL COST MINIMUM 130.00 JUST FOR THE CALL?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
well that's up to you but the only way to fix the wire harness is to replace the door itself because they've redesigned it and it's about a $700 part. The wires can't be accessed in the door because the door doesn't come apart to fix the wires unfortunately.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

IT SEEMS YOU ISOLATED THE PROBLEM--WHICH I GATHER IS A PRETTY COMMON ONE AND DIDN'T TAKE A WHOLE OF EFFORT AND TIME ON YOUR PART....PLUS, I'M CONCERNED THAT I HAVE HAD 3 EMAILS, ONE FROM PETER, AND I THOUGHT LARRY WAS THE TECH THAT WAS ASSIGNED TO MY CASE--WHICH MAKES ME THINK IF I CLICK ON ACCEPT, I MIGHT BE CHARGED MORE THAN ONCE..I'M CERTAINLY WILLING TO PAY SOMEONE SOMETHING FOR THEIR ACTUAL TIME, BUT THE PROGNOSIS IS JUST THAT--I CAN'T FIX IT MYSELF, AND HAVE THE CHOICE OF SPENDING A LOT OF MONEY TO REPAIR, OR SIMPLY BUYING A NEWER MODEL. THUS, WHAT DO YOU THINK IS A REASONABLE AMOUNT FOR ME TO PAY YOU---?----AND HOW MANY TECHS ARE INVOLVED?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
There is only one tech involved and that is myself. I can't change the value and that isn't an option unfortunately. If you want to accept I would appreciate it as that is the only way I get paid. If you don't want to accept that is up to you but the money will just continue to sit in your account so you can ask another question in the future if you decide to yet you can prevent me from being paid if you feel I didn't do my job. That being said, you obviously won't be charged more than once. I'm sorry the information isn't what you wanted to hear but I hope you have a little more clarity on what is going on reguardless. Have a nice day.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.