RUSS
RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Experience:  TECHNICIAN AND TEACHER
19031375

I have a Caloric gas stove (Prestige Series) approximately

I have a Caloric gas stove (Prestige Series) approximately 18 years old. When we moved in, about 6 months ago, it seemed to work fine. We disconnected the stove, moved and reconnected to lay a new floor. Now the oven does not seem to work properly. It stops at 100 degrees, and then smells of gas, until we open the oven door, it gets air and then seems to start heating. As well, it takes about 45 minutes to reach 450 degrees. Any thoughts? Can we fix ourselves or should we get a technician? We thought maybe it was dirty...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  RUSS replied 7 years ago.
PLEASE DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER.....with all gas appliances that have this type of problem, I ALWAYS recommend calling a service technician, this is due to the highly explosive nature of gas and how very sneaky gas leaks are. I now it is expensive, but I would rather see you safe and sound with a roof over your head! MANY THANKS AND PLEASE HAVE A SAFE AND GREAT 2010