Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

kenmore washer series 70. machine does not want to stop filling

Customer Question

kenmore washer series 70. machine does not want to stop filling with water. rinse cycle is too long. does not want to shut off after rinse cycle comes on. is there afloat that's sticking?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

If you unplug the machine does the water stop going in?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

Can I get the complete model number of your unit, it should begin with 110

The model number on Kenmore or Sears products consist of 10 digits usually, the first 3 digits tell us who made it for them and the remainder is the model number, please send the model number in the following format:(NNN) NNN-NNNN this will allow Just Answer to display the number and not think it is a phone number and X it out like this XXXXXXXXXX,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

If this is a Kenmore it will begin with 110 and 8 more digits after it. also the serial number will be there also.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

Yes your problem is the water level switch on your unit, the part number you need for it's repair is(NNN) NNN-NNNN You can order the parts you need from the following places,,, or, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Part 2697