Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi Bryan, We corresponded back and forth last week 1/25-26.

Hi Bryan,
We corresponded back and forth last week 1/25-26. I have a Whirlpool gas range, model #GS773LXSS 0. This is what I wrote last week; The cooktop is working, but the oven isn't. It is completely dead. I can not smell gas or hear a flame or anything. It seems like it's not igniting. I'm almost certain, that it does not have a pilot and has an electronic ignitor. What could be wrong and how can I get it started?
You responded that you were almost certain, it was the spark module part #9758080. Well, I proceeded to buy it and replace it ...and IT DID NOT WORK! The warming drawer down below still works and so does the cooktop. The oven just seems dead. I can not understand, how can a range that is only 3 yrs. old and the oven has only been used a max of 8 times at the most can be giving such a problem. My last gas range was like 20 yrs. old and I never had a problem with it. Just replaced it because of remodeling. Could you please, help me determined what the problem could be? or should I just give up on this oven? PLEASE HELP!!! I am very frustrated.
I go by "Customer" on this forum, if it helps you remember the discussion.
Thank you very much,
Dagmar
well 80 % of the time the module is bad but i guess you in the 20% sorry, return that part unfortunartely, is it doing the excact smae thing? do you hear a cliking at all when you try the oven? Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this should click. these uaually dont fail but there are only a couple of things that can cause your problem , the module which you tried , the spark igniter above or the gas valve itself, the spark igniter is $24.00 @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-GS773LXSS-%3d%3di1028462&PartID=1028462 the valve (soleniod) is much more, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=$167.00 these ovens are tricky, I dont really like them, they have a lot of problems over time, did this show an error code at all?
will you be online tomorrow morning? I need to do something , leave me the info I requested and i will check in the morning, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

OK! I'm so frustrated right now and tired, so I'm signing off and I'll find out tomorrow again, if there is a clicking sound. I'm pretty sure there isn't any but, I want to make sure again. I'll continue the discussion tomorrow. I'm just trying to save some money because the service call is $80 plus the part and the labor. Can't afford it right now.

Thanks again for your help. Will continue tomorrow.

Good Night

Dagmar

ok , let me know if it clicks at all, Thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

There is a small click when I press the start button on the top panel, but I don't hear any sound inside the oven.

Thanks

boy I would think its the spark igniter then, why they put all this electronic crap in these I'll never know,