Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I have a maytag neptune tl washer/dryer - had it for about

I have a maytag neptune tl washer/dryer - had it for about 7 years and love it. Yesterday it started spewing water out of the top, sides, and underneath. I pressed pause and it unlocked and the tub was full of water. I bailed out as much as I could and ran spin only - did fine. I ran another load and stood beside it and watched and listened. It did fine until the final rinse cycle. The water would not shut off. I pressed pause, and it unlocked but the water still ran. I pressed off and the water was still running. I unplugged it and turned the water off at the wall, again bailed out the water and ran spin only. Everything seems to be working except at that point in the cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
water kept running in until you unpluged the washer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, even after I pressed the off button - actually until I turned the water off at the wall. The first time I just pressed pause and the lid unlocked, when I opened it, the water was still running in.
replace the pressure switch and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you ,, its inside the control panel / thanks
before i go off line, take my insulin and rest up is there anything else i can do for you today before I go ,,, Larry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. My husband said he figured it was some kind of switch/valve but didn't know which one. This is the first time we have used this site. Thank you for your fast response. It will be Wednesday before we can get to fixing it. If we have further questions, how can we get back to you?
you sure can just by coming back to this post and give me a shout and i will be glad to help you / thanks
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you and have a good night!
thank you and i will try haha