S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance

my frontload maytag neptune washer does not appear to be emptying

my frontload maytag neptune washer does not appear to be emptying enough water clothes are extremely wet and had a code on last wash that looked like nf
Category: Appliance
Expert:  S.E.Thomas replied 6 years ago.
code nf means no fill. i dont think that is correct. please put the washer on the spin cycle and see if it will bring the code back up. let it ru till it shuts off or the code comes up and let me know what it says. should be dl, lr, or dc
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Will not let me put on spin cycle

ok open the rear control panel by removing the four screws on the back top of the control panel. in here you will find the tech sheet which will walk you through the diaongnistic mode. here you can retrive all codes and test som parts. get this and get back to me asap.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
restarted washer to see if it does it washer is on a base with the dryer unsure if I can pull out to get to rear panel
you can reach these with out moving it. look straight down the control panel. they are right over the edge.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I ran a quick wash cycle and did not come up again could it be related to the fact it was some thick blankets?

yes for sure. they never want to spin in these machines and will take several tries to get them spun out.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So do I need any further service repair....should I worry that the drain is stopping up? Have had machines for approximately 5 years?
you should be just fine. i believe the reason the water was there was simply from the large item. if you run a regular load you should find it will work just fine. the code you had was most likely dc or dl. distribute clothes/load